
Torre de Belém - en
Versão portuguesa aqui. GPS 38.691652189603964, -9.215969383207815Built on the northern bank of the Tagus between 1514 and 1520 as part of the Tagus estuary defence system, the Tower of Belém is one of the architectural jewels of the reign of Manuel I. In the tower as a whole one can distinguish two distinct volumes and military architectural models: the mediaeval keep tower and the modern bulwark which, as it contained two artillery levels, allowed for long-distance cannon firing as well as ...

Mosteiro dos Jerónimos - en
Versão portuguesa aqui. GPS 38.698112850075525, -9.206629905588464The Monastery of Santa Maria de Belém, better known as Mosteiro dos Jerónimos, is a Portuguese monastery, built at the end of the 15th century by King D. Manuel I and was entrusted to the Order of São Jerónimo. It is located in the parish of Belém, in the city and municipality of Lisbon. It has, since 2016, the status of National Pantheon. The culmination of Manueline architecture, this monastery is the most notable Portuguese ...

CR7 2023 Edition
Versão portuguesa aqui.Cristiano Ronaldo dos Santos Aveiro born 5 February 1985 is a Portuguese professional football player who plays as a forward for and captains both Saudi Professional League club Al Nassr and the Portugal national team. Widely regarded as one of the greatest players of all time, Ronaldo has won five Ballon d'Or awards and four European Golden Shoes, the most by a European player. He has won 32 trophies in his career, including seven league titles, five UEFA Champion...
«There is, in the most western part of Iberia, a very strange people: they neither govern nor allow themselves to be governed!»



Torre de Belém - en
Versão portuguesa aqui. GPS 38.691652189603964, -9.215969383207815Built on the northern bank of the Tagus between 1514 and 1520 as part of the Tagus estuary defence system, the Tower of Belém is one of the architectural jewels of the reign of Manuel I. In the tower as a whole one can distinguish two distinct volumes and military architectural models: the mediaeval keep tower and the modern bulwark which, as it contained two artillery levels, allowed for long-distance cannon firing as well as ...

Mosteiro dos Jerónimos - en
Versão portuguesa aqui. GPS 38.698112850075525, -9.206629905588464The Monastery of Santa Maria de Belém, better known as Mosteiro dos Jerónimos, is a Portuguese monastery, built at the end of the 15th century by King D. Manuel I and was entrusted to the Order of São Jerónimo. It is located in the parish of Belém, in the city and municipality of Lisbon. It has, since 2016, the status of National Pantheon. The culmination of Manueline architecture, this monastery is the most notable Portuguese ...

CR7 2023 Edition
Versão portuguesa aqui.Cristiano Ronaldo dos Santos Aveiro born 5 February 1985 is a Portuguese professional football player who plays as a forward for and captains both Saudi Professional League club Al Nassr and the Portugal national team. Widely regarded as one of the greatest players of all time, Ronaldo has won five Ballon d'Or awards and four European Golden Shoes, the most by a European player. He has won 32 trophies in his career, including seven league titles, five UEFA Champion...
«There is, in the most western part of Iberia, a very strange people: they neither govern nor allow themselves to be governed!»
Share Dialog
Share Dialog

Subscribe to Made in PT bringing 560.web3 content to the world.

Subscribe to Made in PT bringing 560.web3 content to the world.
<100 subscribers
<100 subscribers
Versão portuguesa aqui.
GPS 38.54907818451613, -27.75479439065382
The General Plan of 1883 included the creation at Ponta do Topo of a 4th order lighthouse, producing fixed light with flashes, whose luminous range in average state should be 13.5 miles for fixed light and 19 for flashes.

The lighthouse project dates, however, only from 1925, being designed by engineer José Joaquim Peres. The work would be budgeted at 330 contos, while the apparatus and lantern would cost 745,000 French francs.
The building of the lighthouse was preceded, in 1923, by the purchase for sixteen thousand escudos of land from the respective owners, Jerónimo Pereira Cardoso, Francisco Pimentel de Noronha, Maria Inez Soares and António Joaquim dos Reis.
The lighthouse came into operation on July 15, 1927, at Ponta do Topo, southeastern tip of the island of S. Jorge. It has a tower 16 meters high and 58 meters high. It was equipped with a 3rd order lenticular apparatus, large model (500 mm focal length), of rotation, the light source being a BBT gas eclipser and it had as a reserve the incandescence by oil vapor and a constant level lamp. The rotation of the optics was produced through the watchmaking machine.
It was electrified in 1957, using generating sets, and for some time supplied electricity to the church in the parish of Topo, «without harming the lighthouse». The light source then became a 3000 Watt electric lamp, which was intended to guarantee a luminous range of 44 miles. Despite the entry of the lighthouse into the electricity age, the rotation of the optics continued to be ensured by the old clockwork machine, whose weight took seven hours to reach the end of its course.

Versão portuguesa aqui.
GPS 38.54907818451613, -27.75479439065382
The General Plan of 1883 included the creation at Ponta do Topo of a 4th order lighthouse, producing fixed light with flashes, whose luminous range in average state should be 13.5 miles for fixed light and 19 for flashes.

The lighthouse project dates, however, only from 1925, being designed by engineer José Joaquim Peres. The work would be budgeted at 330 contos, while the apparatus and lantern would cost 745,000 French francs.
The building of the lighthouse was preceded, in 1923, by the purchase for sixteen thousand escudos of land from the respective owners, Jerónimo Pereira Cardoso, Francisco Pimentel de Noronha, Maria Inez Soares and António Joaquim dos Reis.
The lighthouse came into operation on July 15, 1927, at Ponta do Topo, southeastern tip of the island of S. Jorge. It has a tower 16 meters high and 58 meters high. It was equipped with a 3rd order lenticular apparatus, large model (500 mm focal length), of rotation, the light source being a BBT gas eclipser and it had as a reserve the incandescence by oil vapor and a constant level lamp. The rotation of the optics was produced through the watchmaking machine.
It was electrified in 1957, using generating sets, and for some time supplied electricity to the church in the parish of Topo, «without harming the lighthouse». The light source then became a 3000 Watt electric lamp, which was intended to guarantee a luminous range of 44 miles. Despite the entry of the lighthouse into the electricity age, the rotation of the optics continued to be ensured by the old clockwork machine, whose weight took seven hours to reach the end of its course.

This lighthouse was one of those where the effects of the earthquake on January 1, 1980 were most felt: the engine room and one of the dwellings completely collapsed, burying all the contents, leaving the optics seriously damaged due to having been torn off. the corresponding pedestal. It therefore became necessary to replace it entirely, assembling a fixed optic that had once equipped the Esposende lighthouse.
In 1987, a modern system consisting of a rotating pedestal with sealed optics (PRB-46) was installed, which could run on batteries in the event of failure of the electric motors.
The lighthouse was electrified in 1989 with power from the public grid.
The PRB-46 was eventually withdrawn in 2001 and a new device (TRB-400) was installed in its place, becoming automated with this system.

LOCATION: On the SE tip of S. Jorge Island
FUNCTION: Coastal
ESTABLISHMENT: July 15, 1927
LATITUDE: 38º 32.94'N - 38º 32.93' N (WGS)
LONGITUDE: 27º 45.34'W - 27º 45.28' W (WGS)
HEIGHT: 16 meters
ALTITUDE: 58 meters
RANGE: 20 Miles (37 KM)
FEATURE: FI (3) W 20s
3rd Order OPTICS (500mm focal length).
Full list of Geochaching below:
This lighthouse was one of those where the effects of the earthquake on January 1, 1980 were most felt: the engine room and one of the dwellings completely collapsed, burying all the contents, leaving the optics seriously damaged due to having been torn off. the corresponding pedestal. It therefore became necessary to replace it entirely, assembling a fixed optic that had once equipped the Esposende lighthouse.
In 1987, a modern system consisting of a rotating pedestal with sealed optics (PRB-46) was installed, which could run on batteries in the event of failure of the electric motors.
The lighthouse was electrified in 1989 with power from the public grid.
The PRB-46 was eventually withdrawn in 2001 and a new device (TRB-400) was installed in its place, becoming automated with this system.

LOCATION: On the SE tip of S. Jorge Island
FUNCTION: Coastal
ESTABLISHMENT: July 15, 1927
LATITUDE: 38º 32.94'N - 38º 32.93' N (WGS)
LONGITUDE: 27º 45.34'W - 27º 45.28' W (WGS)
HEIGHT: 16 meters
ALTITUDE: 58 meters
RANGE: 20 Miles (37 KM)
FEATURE: FI (3) W 20s
3rd Order OPTICS (500mm focal length).
Full list of Geochaching below:
No activity yet