
Torre de Belém - en
Versão portuguesa aqui. GPS 38.691652189603964, -9.215969383207815Built on the northern bank of the Tagus between 1514 and 1520 as part of the Tagus estuary defence system, the Tower of Belém is one of the architectural jewels of the reign of Manuel I. In the tower as a whole one can distinguish two distinct volumes and military architectural models: the mediaeval keep tower and the modern bulwark which, as it contained two artillery levels, allowed for long-distance cannon firing as well as ...

Mosteiro dos Jerónimos - en
Versão portuguesa aqui. GPS 38.698112850075525, -9.206629905588464The Monastery of Santa Maria de Belém, better known as Mosteiro dos Jerónimos, is a Portuguese monastery, built at the end of the 15th century by King D. Manuel I and was entrusted to the Order of São Jerónimo. It is located in the parish of Belém, in the city and municipality of Lisbon. It has, since 2016, the status of National Pantheon. The culmination of Manueline architecture, this monastery is the most notable Portuguese ...

CR7 2023 Edition
Versão portuguesa aqui.Cristiano Ronaldo dos Santos Aveiro born 5 February 1985 is a Portuguese professional football player who plays as a forward for and captains both Saudi Professional League club Al Nassr and the Portugal national team. Widely regarded as one of the greatest players of all time, Ronaldo has won five Ballon d'Or awards and four European Golden Shoes, the most by a European player. He has won 32 trophies in his career, including seven league titles, five UEFA Champion...
«There is, in the most western part of Iberia, a very strange people: they neither govern nor allow themselves to be governed!»

Torre de Belém - en
Versão portuguesa aqui. GPS 38.691652189603964, -9.215969383207815Built on the northern bank of the Tagus between 1514 and 1520 as part of the Tagus estuary defence system, the Tower of Belém is one of the architectural jewels of the reign of Manuel I. In the tower as a whole one can distinguish two distinct volumes and military architectural models: the mediaeval keep tower and the modern bulwark which, as it contained two artillery levels, allowed for long-distance cannon firing as well as ...

Mosteiro dos Jerónimos - en
Versão portuguesa aqui. GPS 38.698112850075525, -9.206629905588464The Monastery of Santa Maria de Belém, better known as Mosteiro dos Jerónimos, is a Portuguese monastery, built at the end of the 15th century by King D. Manuel I and was entrusted to the Order of São Jerónimo. It is located in the parish of Belém, in the city and municipality of Lisbon. It has, since 2016, the status of National Pantheon. The culmination of Manueline architecture, this monastery is the most notable Portuguese ...

CR7 2023 Edition
Versão portuguesa aqui.Cristiano Ronaldo dos Santos Aveiro born 5 February 1985 is a Portuguese professional football player who plays as a forward for and captains both Saudi Professional League club Al Nassr and the Portugal national team. Widely regarded as one of the greatest players of all time, Ronaldo has won five Ballon d'Or awards and four European Golden Shoes, the most by a European player. He has won 32 trophies in his career, including seven league titles, five UEFA Champion...
«There is, in the most western part of Iberia, a very strange people: they neither govern nor allow themselves to be governed!»

Subscribe to Made in PT bringing 560.web3 content to the world.

Subscribe to Made in PT bringing 560.web3 content to the world.
<100 subscribers
<100 subscribers
Share Dialog
Share Dialog


Versão portuguesa aqui.
GPS 38.69048020195975, -9.420969867576728
The strategic position that the fort of S. Marta had for military purposes, it also had for navigation, and in its report the Inspection of the Lighthouses of the Kingdom in 1864, advocated the installation of a light there.
The Fort of S. Marta came under the dependence of the Service of Lighthouses on November 8, 1867.

In 1868, a small tower was built, serving as a sign for the day and receiving a red catoptric headlight, functioning only as a direction light that turned on for the first time on the night of March 1st.
A script from 1897 describes the structure of the lighthouse and the dispositions adopted in terms of optics: «Pharol de Santa Martha – close to Ponta de Salmodo, in the southeast angle of the old fort of S. Martha, there is the square tower of the lighthouse, painted in white, with a blue stripe at mid-height. The beacon has a fixed red light, given by a dioptric device and reinforced in the direction of the alignment of the corridor or northern channel, by a catoptric device (...)».
These lights were provisionally mounted in one of the windows of the tower, one constituting the harbor light and the other giving the Santa Marta – Guia line.
In 1908 these lights were replaced by a 5th order catadioptric device, which is still there today, with fixed light.
In 1936, the height of the tower was increased by 8 meters, due to the constructions that were being carried out in the vicinity and which made it difficult for navigation to navigate from the north bar.
Classified as a property of public interest, it was mentioned twice in the Diário da República.
In 1949, a sound signal was installed, and the lighthouse was connected to the public electricity grid in 1953. It changed from a fixed light to a red occultation light.
Inserted in the automation plan of the Tagus bar, it was automated in 1981, being remotely controlled from the Faros Management Central.
In 2000, a protocol was signed between the Municipality of Cascais and the Navy, for the transfer of the lighthouse's dwellings to later operate the lighthouse museum of S. Marta.
In July 2007, the Lighthouse Museum of S. Marta was opened to the public, equipped with pieces from the assets of the Museum of the Directorate of Lighthouses.

LOCATION: IN FORTE DE S. MARTA 400 METERS FROM CASCAIS
FUNCTION: COASTAL
ESTABLISHMENT: 1868
LATITUDE: – 38º 41',50 N
LONGITUDE: – 09º 25', 17 W
HEIGHT: 20m
ALTITUDE: 25 m
RANGE: W 18 MI (33.3Km) R 14 MI (25.9Km)
FEATURE: Oc WR 6s (Lt 4.5s;Ec 1.5s)
Versão portuguesa aqui.
GPS 38.69048020195975, -9.420969867576728
The strategic position that the fort of S. Marta had for military purposes, it also had for navigation, and in its report the Inspection of the Lighthouses of the Kingdom in 1864, advocated the installation of a light there.
The Fort of S. Marta came under the dependence of the Service of Lighthouses on November 8, 1867.

In 1868, a small tower was built, serving as a sign for the day and receiving a red catoptric headlight, functioning only as a direction light that turned on for the first time on the night of March 1st.
A script from 1897 describes the structure of the lighthouse and the dispositions adopted in terms of optics: «Pharol de Santa Martha – close to Ponta de Salmodo, in the southeast angle of the old fort of S. Martha, there is the square tower of the lighthouse, painted in white, with a blue stripe at mid-height. The beacon has a fixed red light, given by a dioptric device and reinforced in the direction of the alignment of the corridor or northern channel, by a catoptric device (...)».
These lights were provisionally mounted in one of the windows of the tower, one constituting the harbor light and the other giving the Santa Marta – Guia line.
In 1908 these lights were replaced by a 5th order catadioptric device, which is still there today, with fixed light.
In 1936, the height of the tower was increased by 8 meters, due to the constructions that were being carried out in the vicinity and which made it difficult for navigation to navigate from the north bar.
Classified as a property of public interest, it was mentioned twice in the Diário da República.
In 1949, a sound signal was installed, and the lighthouse was connected to the public electricity grid in 1953. It changed from a fixed light to a red occultation light.
Inserted in the automation plan of the Tagus bar, it was automated in 1981, being remotely controlled from the Faros Management Central.
In 2000, a protocol was signed between the Municipality of Cascais and the Navy, for the transfer of the lighthouse's dwellings to later operate the lighthouse museum of S. Marta.
In July 2007, the Lighthouse Museum of S. Marta was opened to the public, equipped with pieces from the assets of the Museum of the Directorate of Lighthouses.

LOCATION: IN FORTE DE S. MARTA 400 METERS FROM CASCAIS
FUNCTION: COASTAL
ESTABLISHMENT: 1868
LATITUDE: – 38º 41',50 N
LONGITUDE: – 09º 25', 17 W
HEIGHT: 20m
ALTITUDE: 25 m
RANGE: W 18 MI (33.3Km) R 14 MI (25.9Km)
FEATURE: Oc WR 6s (Lt 4.5s;Ec 1.5s)
No activity yet