
Torre de Belém - en
Versão portuguesa aqui. GPS 38.691652189603964, -9.215969383207815Built on the northern bank of the Tagus between 1514 and 1520 as part of the Tagus estuary defence system, the Tower of Belém is one of the architectural jewels of the reign of Manuel I. In the tower as a whole one can distinguish two distinct volumes and military architectural models: the mediaeval keep tower and the modern bulwark which, as it contained two artillery levels, allowed for long-distance cannon firing as well as ...

Forte de Santa Marta, Cascais - en
Versão portuguesa aqui. GPS 38.6906645919396, -9.421208371684521 It was built after 1640, as part of the Barra do Tejo defense plan, directed by the Count of Cantanhede. Equipped with a large battery compared to the fort and three juxtaposed rectangular bodies, with different areas, it crossed fire with the Citadel battery and defended the small mouth of Ribeira dos Mochos. In the second half of the 18th century it was the subject of several construction campaigns, the most significant being ...

Mosteiro dos Jerónimos - en
Versão portuguesa aqui. GPS 38.698112850075525, -9.206629905588464The Monastery of Santa Maria de Belém, better known as Mosteiro dos Jerónimos, is a Portuguese monastery, built at the end of the 15th century by King D. Manuel I and was entrusted to the Order of São Jerónimo. It is located in the parish of Belém, in the city and municipality of Lisbon. It has, since 2016, the status of National Pantheon. The culmination of Manueline architecture, this monastery is the most notable Portuguese ...
«There is, in the most western part of Iberia, a very strange people: they neither govern nor allow themselves to be governed!»

Subscribe to Made in PT bringing 560.web3 content to the world.

Torre de Belém - en
Versão portuguesa aqui. GPS 38.691652189603964, -9.215969383207815Built on the northern bank of the Tagus between 1514 and 1520 as part of the Tagus estuary defence system, the Tower of Belém is one of the architectural jewels of the reign of Manuel I. In the tower as a whole one can distinguish two distinct volumes and military architectural models: the mediaeval keep tower and the modern bulwark which, as it contained two artillery levels, allowed for long-distance cannon firing as well as ...

Forte de Santa Marta, Cascais - en
Versão portuguesa aqui. GPS 38.6906645919396, -9.421208371684521 It was built after 1640, as part of the Barra do Tejo defense plan, directed by the Count of Cantanhede. Equipped with a large battery compared to the fort and three juxtaposed rectangular bodies, with different areas, it crossed fire with the Citadel battery and defended the small mouth of Ribeira dos Mochos. In the second half of the 18th century it was the subject of several construction campaigns, the most significant being ...

Mosteiro dos Jerónimos - en
Versão portuguesa aqui. GPS 38.698112850075525, -9.206629905588464The Monastery of Santa Maria de Belém, better known as Mosteiro dos Jerónimos, is a Portuguese monastery, built at the end of the 15th century by King D. Manuel I and was entrusted to the Order of São Jerónimo. It is located in the parish of Belém, in the city and municipality of Lisbon. It has, since 2016, the status of National Pantheon. The culmination of Manueline architecture, this monastery is the most notable Portuguese ...
Share Dialog
Share Dialog


<100 subscribers
<100 subscribers
Versão portuguesa aqui.
GPS 38.573267719020755, -7.907607078709097
The Palace of the Dukes of Cadaval, Palace of the Dukes of Cadaval or Palace of Torre das Cinco Quinas, as it is also known, is a palace located on the acropolis of Évora, in Portugal.

This palace, belonging to Casa Cadaval since its foundation, comprises the manor house and the Church of Lóios, presenting an admirable combination of Mudejar, Gothic and Manueline styles. The Palace incorporates a pentagonal (medieval) Tower, the Torre das Cinco Quinas, which has been classified as a National Monument since 1920.
It was in this Palace, on May 29, 1483, that Fernando II, Duke of Bragança was arrested and dragged to his death at the behest of King John II of Portugal.
History
The family
The Dukes of Cadaval are a branch of the House of Bragança, the most powerful in Portugal and from which the Fourth Dynasty emerged.
The Duchy of Cadaval was created on April 26, 1648, the birth day of the infante Dom Pedro, future Dom Pedro II, King of Portugal, by King Dom João IV. The title was created in favor of D. Nuno Álvares Pereira de Melo (1638-1727), son of D. Francisco de Melo, one of the mainstays of the Restoration of Independence in 1640, from whom he would inherit the titles of Count of Tentúgal and Marquis of Ferreira. The merger of these Houses made Dom Nuno one of the most powerful nobles in the kingdom, to which the struggle of this family for the cause of Independence contributed greatly, both during the succession crisis of 1580 and in the Restoration of Independence in 1640.
Among the privileges of the House of Cadaval, was the manorial authority to appoint or confirm municipal councils, being able to appoint ombudsmen, notaries, inquirers, accountants and other positions in the lands under its jurisdiction.
The current representative is Diana Álvares Pereira de Melo, representation confirmed by Duarte Pio de Bragança as the conclusion of the so-called "Caso Cadaval", a succession crisis created by the death, in 2001, of Jaime Álvares Pereira de Melo, former representative of the title.

The palace
The primitive palace appeared, in the 14th century, next to the Torre de Évora, where the nobleman Martim Afonso de Mello, servant of the Master of Avis and descendant of the Portuguese Crown, ordered the construction of the Palácio da Torre das Cinco Quinas, the name by which it is also known. . The construction of this palace was based, in part, on the Roman-Visigoth walls of the ancient Castle of Évora, incorporating traces of both in its structure, visible through the fortified military contours of the building, as well as the imposing tower on the main façade, a vestige of the castle. . At the back of the Palace, you can admire the extraordinary Torre das Cinco Quinas, the famous pentagonal tower that gave it its name.
In addition to the large outdoor gardens and the numerous rooms and halls that make up the building, it also houses the Casa Cadaval exhibition rooms, where a collection of illuminated codices, sculptures, paintings and armor is deposited, with pieces dating from the 15th century to the 18th century.
Several Portuguese monarchs temporarily resided in this palace, namely Dom João II, Dom João IV and Dom João V. Dom Fernando II, 3rd Duke of Bragança, was also a prisoner in this palace, accused of conspiracy against King Dom João II and beheaded in Praça do Giraldo , the main square of the Alentejo capital, in 1483.
In the early 1990s, the palace underwent a restoration campaign promoted by Dª. Claudine Marguerite Marianne Tritz, then Duchess of Cadaval, wife of the 10th Duke of Cadaval and mother of the current Duchess.
Current events Currently, the palace, which combines a tourist character, conferred by the adjacent Church of Lóios (or Church of S. João Evangelista), to its historical and architectural value, has been the scene of various cultural manifestations. Among these, the "Festival Évora Clássica" stands out, an annual music festival promoted, since 1994, on the initiative of Dª. Claudine. This festival, initially dedicated to western music concerts, has expanded, year after year, to musical styles from all over the world.
In part of the garden, a pleasant restaurant with a terrace has been open to the public since the mid-1990s, which is called Jardim do Paço.
On June 21, 2008, the palace hosted a reception for around 400 guests on the occasion of His Exa's marriage. Diana Álvares Pereira de Melo, 11th Duchess of Cadaval, with HRH Charles Phillipe d'Orleães, Prince of Órleães and Duke of Anjou, celebrated on the same day, in the Cathedral of Évora, by the Archbishop Emeritus of Évora D. Maurílio Jorge Quintal de Gouveia.

Full list of Geochaching below:
https://mirror.xyz/madeinpt.eth/I5tjF3sn6ugnUw3nBnKOpOUr2DEh_g6cTN-0hivKCgc
Versão portuguesa aqui.
GPS 38.573267719020755, -7.907607078709097
The Palace of the Dukes of Cadaval, Palace of the Dukes of Cadaval or Palace of Torre das Cinco Quinas, as it is also known, is a palace located on the acropolis of Évora, in Portugal.

This palace, belonging to Casa Cadaval since its foundation, comprises the manor house and the Church of Lóios, presenting an admirable combination of Mudejar, Gothic and Manueline styles. The Palace incorporates a pentagonal (medieval) Tower, the Torre das Cinco Quinas, which has been classified as a National Monument since 1920.
It was in this Palace, on May 29, 1483, that Fernando II, Duke of Bragança was arrested and dragged to his death at the behest of King John II of Portugal.
History
The family
The Dukes of Cadaval are a branch of the House of Bragança, the most powerful in Portugal and from which the Fourth Dynasty emerged.
The Duchy of Cadaval was created on April 26, 1648, the birth day of the infante Dom Pedro, future Dom Pedro II, King of Portugal, by King Dom João IV. The title was created in favor of D. Nuno Álvares Pereira de Melo (1638-1727), son of D. Francisco de Melo, one of the mainstays of the Restoration of Independence in 1640, from whom he would inherit the titles of Count of Tentúgal and Marquis of Ferreira. The merger of these Houses made Dom Nuno one of the most powerful nobles in the kingdom, to which the struggle of this family for the cause of Independence contributed greatly, both during the succession crisis of 1580 and in the Restoration of Independence in 1640.
Among the privileges of the House of Cadaval, was the manorial authority to appoint or confirm municipal councils, being able to appoint ombudsmen, notaries, inquirers, accountants and other positions in the lands under its jurisdiction.
The current representative is Diana Álvares Pereira de Melo, representation confirmed by Duarte Pio de Bragança as the conclusion of the so-called "Caso Cadaval", a succession crisis created by the death, in 2001, of Jaime Álvares Pereira de Melo, former representative of the title.

The palace
The primitive palace appeared, in the 14th century, next to the Torre de Évora, where the nobleman Martim Afonso de Mello, servant of the Master of Avis and descendant of the Portuguese Crown, ordered the construction of the Palácio da Torre das Cinco Quinas, the name by which it is also known. . The construction of this palace was based, in part, on the Roman-Visigoth walls of the ancient Castle of Évora, incorporating traces of both in its structure, visible through the fortified military contours of the building, as well as the imposing tower on the main façade, a vestige of the castle. . At the back of the Palace, you can admire the extraordinary Torre das Cinco Quinas, the famous pentagonal tower that gave it its name.
In addition to the large outdoor gardens and the numerous rooms and halls that make up the building, it also houses the Casa Cadaval exhibition rooms, where a collection of illuminated codices, sculptures, paintings and armor is deposited, with pieces dating from the 15th century to the 18th century.
Several Portuguese monarchs temporarily resided in this palace, namely Dom João II, Dom João IV and Dom João V. Dom Fernando II, 3rd Duke of Bragança, was also a prisoner in this palace, accused of conspiracy against King Dom João II and beheaded in Praça do Giraldo , the main square of the Alentejo capital, in 1483.
In the early 1990s, the palace underwent a restoration campaign promoted by Dª. Claudine Marguerite Marianne Tritz, then Duchess of Cadaval, wife of the 10th Duke of Cadaval and mother of the current Duchess.
Current events Currently, the palace, which combines a tourist character, conferred by the adjacent Church of Lóios (or Church of S. João Evangelista), to its historical and architectural value, has been the scene of various cultural manifestations. Among these, the "Festival Évora Clássica" stands out, an annual music festival promoted, since 1994, on the initiative of Dª. Claudine. This festival, initially dedicated to western music concerts, has expanded, year after year, to musical styles from all over the world.
In part of the garden, a pleasant restaurant with a terrace has been open to the public since the mid-1990s, which is called Jardim do Paço.
On June 21, 2008, the palace hosted a reception for around 400 guests on the occasion of His Exa's marriage. Diana Álvares Pereira de Melo, 11th Duchess of Cadaval, with HRH Charles Phillipe d'Orleães, Prince of Órleães and Duke of Anjou, celebrated on the same day, in the Cathedral of Évora, by the Archbishop Emeritus of Évora D. Maurílio Jorge Quintal de Gouveia.

Full list of Geochaching below:
https://mirror.xyz/madeinpt.eth/I5tjF3sn6ugnUw3nBnKOpOUr2DEh_g6cTN-0hivKCgc
No activity yet