
Torre de Belém - en
Versão portuguesa aqui. GPS 38.691652189603964, -9.215969383207815Built on the northern bank of the Tagus between 1514 and 1520 as part of the Tagus estuary defence system, the Tower of Belém is one of the architectural jewels of the reign of Manuel I. In the tower as a whole one can distinguish two distinct volumes and military architectural models: the mediaeval keep tower and the modern bulwark which, as it contained two artillery levels, allowed for long-distance cannon firing as well as ...

Forte de Santa Marta, Cascais - en
Versão portuguesa aqui. GPS 38.6906645919396, -9.421208371684521 It was built after 1640, as part of the Barra do Tejo defense plan, directed by the Count of Cantanhede. Equipped with a large battery compared to the fort and three juxtaposed rectangular bodies, with different areas, it crossed fire with the Citadel battery and defended the small mouth of Ribeira dos Mochos. In the second half of the 18th century it was the subject of several construction campaigns, the most significant being ...

Mosteiro dos Jerónimos - en
Versão portuguesa aqui. GPS 38.698112850075525, -9.206629905588464The Monastery of Santa Maria de Belém, better known as Mosteiro dos Jerónimos, is a Portuguese monastery, built at the end of the 15th century by King D. Manuel I and was entrusted to the Order of São Jerónimo. It is located in the parish of Belém, in the city and municipality of Lisbon. It has, since 2016, the status of National Pantheon. The culmination of Manueline architecture, this monastery is the most notable Portuguese ...
«There is, in the most western part of Iberia, a very strange people: they neither govern nor allow themselves to be governed!»

Torre de Belém - en
Versão portuguesa aqui. GPS 38.691652189603964, -9.215969383207815Built on the northern bank of the Tagus between 1514 and 1520 as part of the Tagus estuary defence system, the Tower of Belém is one of the architectural jewels of the reign of Manuel I. In the tower as a whole one can distinguish two distinct volumes and military architectural models: the mediaeval keep tower and the modern bulwark which, as it contained two artillery levels, allowed for long-distance cannon firing as well as ...

Forte de Santa Marta, Cascais - en
Versão portuguesa aqui. GPS 38.6906645919396, -9.421208371684521 It was built after 1640, as part of the Barra do Tejo defense plan, directed by the Count of Cantanhede. Equipped with a large battery compared to the fort and three juxtaposed rectangular bodies, with different areas, it crossed fire with the Citadel battery and defended the small mouth of Ribeira dos Mochos. In the second half of the 18th century it was the subject of several construction campaigns, the most significant being ...

Mosteiro dos Jerónimos - en
Versão portuguesa aqui. GPS 38.698112850075525, -9.206629905588464The Monastery of Santa Maria de Belém, better known as Mosteiro dos Jerónimos, is a Portuguese monastery, built at the end of the 15th century by King D. Manuel I and was entrusted to the Order of São Jerónimo. It is located in the parish of Belém, in the city and municipality of Lisbon. It has, since 2016, the status of National Pantheon. The culmination of Manueline architecture, this monastery is the most notable Portuguese ...
«There is, in the most western part of Iberia, a very strange people: they neither govern nor allow themselves to be governed!»

Subscribe to Made in PT bringing 560.web3 content to the world.

Subscribe to Made in PT bringing 560.web3 content to the world.
Share Dialog
Share Dialog
<100 subscribers
<100 subscribers


Versão portuguesa aqui.
GPS 41.09174641588518, -7.816519235457345
The Sanctuary of Nossa Senhora dos Remédios is located in the current parish of Lamego (Almacave and Sé), city and municipality of Lamego, district of Viseu, in Portugal.
At the top of Monte de Santo Estêvão, the sanctuary is currently an integral part of the panorama of the city to which it is joined by a scenographic staircase.

Since 1984, the Sanctuary of Nossa Senhora dos Remédios, including the staircase and park, has been classified as a Property of Public Interest.
History
The popular devotion in the place dates back to a chapel, under the invocation of Saint Stephen, erected in 1361.
In the 16th century, threatening ruin, it was demolished (1568), starting the construction of a new temple, on the initiative of the Bishop of Lamego. In the new chapel an image of the Virgin and Child was deposited.
As time went by, devotion to Saint Stephen diminished, replaced by devotion to the Virgin. The devotion of those who resorted to her in search of relief from illness gave rise, in turn, to devotion to Our Lady of Remedies.
The current sanctuary was begun in 1750 and completed only in 1905.
Its traditional festivals take place annually from the 6th to the 8th of September.

Characteristics
The temple features, on its facade, traces of the Baroque and Rococo ("rocaille") styles. The facade is flanked by bell towers. Granite stone was used in its construction.
Inside, the high altar with the image of Nossa Senhora dos Remédios carved in wood, and three stained glass windows with the images of Nossa Senhora da Conceição, the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Annunciation, stand out.
The two side altars are dedicated to the Virgin's parents (São Joaquim and Santa Ana). On one of the walls of the sanctuary there are tile panels with scenes from the life of the Virgin.
Outside, the monumental access staircase to the sanctuary stands out, with 686 steps, developing in nine flights, decorated with chapels, statues, fountains and obelisks. On one of these levels - the so-called "Courtyard of the Kings" - stand out the images of eighteen kings of Israel, belonging to the family tree of the Virgin. At the base of the staircase there are four figures alluding to the four seasons of the year.
Public Interest Tree
Since 1940, a chestnut tree (Castanea sativa) located next to the Sanctuary has been classified as a "Tree of Public Interest". According to the Institute for the Conservation of Nature and Forests, the over 700-year-old tree is already dry and has been embellished by ivy.

Full list of Geochaching below:
https://mirror.xyz/madeinpt.eth/I5tjF3sn6ugnUw3nBnKOpOUr2DEh_g6cTN-0hivKCgc
Versão portuguesa aqui.
GPS 41.09174641588518, -7.816519235457345
The Sanctuary of Nossa Senhora dos Remédios is located in the current parish of Lamego (Almacave and Sé), city and municipality of Lamego, district of Viseu, in Portugal.
At the top of Monte de Santo Estêvão, the sanctuary is currently an integral part of the panorama of the city to which it is joined by a scenographic staircase.

Since 1984, the Sanctuary of Nossa Senhora dos Remédios, including the staircase and park, has been classified as a Property of Public Interest.
History
The popular devotion in the place dates back to a chapel, under the invocation of Saint Stephen, erected in 1361.
In the 16th century, threatening ruin, it was demolished (1568), starting the construction of a new temple, on the initiative of the Bishop of Lamego. In the new chapel an image of the Virgin and Child was deposited.
As time went by, devotion to Saint Stephen diminished, replaced by devotion to the Virgin. The devotion of those who resorted to her in search of relief from illness gave rise, in turn, to devotion to Our Lady of Remedies.
The current sanctuary was begun in 1750 and completed only in 1905.
Its traditional festivals take place annually from the 6th to the 8th of September.

Characteristics
The temple features, on its facade, traces of the Baroque and Rococo ("rocaille") styles. The facade is flanked by bell towers. Granite stone was used in its construction.
Inside, the high altar with the image of Nossa Senhora dos Remédios carved in wood, and three stained glass windows with the images of Nossa Senhora da Conceição, the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Annunciation, stand out.
The two side altars are dedicated to the Virgin's parents (São Joaquim and Santa Ana). On one of the walls of the sanctuary there are tile panels with scenes from the life of the Virgin.
Outside, the monumental access staircase to the sanctuary stands out, with 686 steps, developing in nine flights, decorated with chapels, statues, fountains and obelisks. On one of these levels - the so-called "Courtyard of the Kings" - stand out the images of eighteen kings of Israel, belonging to the family tree of the Virgin. At the base of the staircase there are four figures alluding to the four seasons of the year.
Public Interest Tree
Since 1940, a chestnut tree (Castanea sativa) located next to the Sanctuary has been classified as a "Tree of Public Interest". According to the Institute for the Conservation of Nature and Forests, the over 700-year-old tree is already dry and has been embellished by ivy.

Full list of Geochaching below:
https://mirror.xyz/madeinpt.eth/I5tjF3sn6ugnUw3nBnKOpOUr2DEh_g6cTN-0hivKCgc
No activity yet